Saturday, August 7, 2010

One busy week!!

Wow! what a long and productive week this has been! I'm not sure where to begin on updating.

Let's see, the camp that Jackson attended turned out to be amazing! It was organized in a Sports Hall and everyday there were all kinds of cool equipment set up for different games and races or obstacle courses. They took photographs everyday and posted them online so I have some pictures to share with you! Oh and on Friday they asked the parents to come one hour early so that you could play with the kids. It was great! Check out some pics below. Just click on the picture and it will take you to the picasa album.

Sports Camp


On Wednesday we bought our car. We had to drive to this little town about one and a half hours away. It was a beautiful drive. The family that we bought the car from lives in the house that her parents built when she was 4. and I think the parents still live there too. It was a tiny quiet farm town. So darling!


On Thursday we went to Badminton again and that was super fun. Afterwards we walked over to the center of the town where some street party was going on to celebrate the beginning of this 33day bike ride from Bensheim to Offenbach. Sounds cool, right? Well it turns out that the whole event was sponsored by a radio station that is known here as the oldies channel, and by oldies they don't mean Elvis, but Mozart. So this dance party had dance music spun by a DJ, except that everyone in attendance, including the DJ himself were over 65. It was a pretty hilarious sight. It was fun though, and I got to hear some typical german dance music (as compared with our macerana and electric slide).

Friday Jackson and I took the train to Frankfurt for the first time. I think I had mentioned earlier that I had wanted to do this, but we never had time. So finally on Friday we did it. We took the walking bike and Jackson did great riding it all the way to the school. He got to see his new classroom and I talked with the director. Turns out that I will be teaching the 6 & 7 year olds instead of the 8- 12 year olds. No problem though. I look forward to the class actually. So I'll keep you posted next week as I set up the classroom and meet my co-teacher.

And finally I can tell you about today! Beate had her friend's kids sleep over last night who are 4 year old twins, 1 boy and 1 girl. Today we took all three kids on a bike ride with Beate, Peter, Joe and I. I don't know how many miles we went, but we were gone for 5 hours! We stopped at 2 playgrounds and a miniature golf place. The mini golf was free as long as you buy a beer and brotwurst when you're done playing. Perfect! I'll try to get these pictures up soon.

1 comment:

Go Navy said...

Karen, Joe, and Jackson!!!
Love love all the pictures and updates. We are glad Jackson is fitting right in and looks like he is having a blast. We miss you all so much.
xoxo,
Becca, Scott and Miss Brooklyn