Saturday, July 31, 2010

Greetings from Germany!

My sincerest apologies for taking so long to get this post up. I know many people have been waiting patiently to hear from us. But starting today I am hoping to get something new posted on here everyday, or at least every couple days.
We've been here for 5 days now and are finally starting to feel normal again. Jackson slept soundly on the plane, but Joe and I were not as fortunate. So for our first few days here we slet a lot. The weather was cold and rainy too, which makes you kind of want to stay in bed all day. Fortunately, Marcus, Conny's brother, was upstairs ready and willing to play with Jackson. Jackson has already professed his love for Marcus. When we are out all he wants to do is go home and play with Marcus. It's actually a little bit heartbreaking because in 4 weeks Marcus is going off to America for one year. We're hoping Jackson has new friends by then.
So this weekend we took our first journey out of Bensheim to Freiburg to see Conny. Jackson was great on the train except that he asked at every single stop, "Is this our stop?" That was starting to get annoying. The weather has warmed up and today I wore shorts and a tank top for the first time. We went to a great little animal nature park, which of course had a beer garden. Wonderful time!! I'll be working on uploading the pictures next. Cheers!

No comments: